Monday, November 5, 2007

Thing #9 - Finding Feeds... or Needles in Haystacks

Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use? Easiest for me was to visit sites that I was already interested in and find Blogline suscriber icons. It was frustrating to find that most of my favorite sites and blogs don't have RSS feeds... like Faerieworlds has a newsletter but they only send it to email accounts, they don't have a feed! Darn those tricksy fae!

Which Search tool was the easiest for you? I got more hits with Technorati, but even still I had to sift through hundreds of feed site listings to find a couple I was minorly interested in.

Which was more confusing? Syndic8 was like roaming in he!! as a strawberry ice cream cone. Time was melting and I never did find that darn ferryman to get me across the river.

What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels? Olbermann is a GOD and I was ecstactic to find a feed to Countdown.

1 comment:

Ladycady said...

You painted a beautiful picture with your words (ice cream cone in he!!). I'm still chuckling over that one! And I am so very berry much on your side of the argument in regards to rss feeds. :)